We’ve collated the best hair straighteners for all hair types and styles. And with a wide range of brands available such as ikoo, KeraStraight and Babyliss, you’ll be sure to find the perfect straightening iron that will offer you beautiful locks in no time at all. A quality hair straightener is one of the best investments that you can make for your hair. The right hair straightener is so versatile it can smooth your hair straight, create tousled, beachy waves, or help you to achieve the perfect curl.
Which are the best hair straighteners?
- BaByliss Straight and Curl Brilliance Rose-Gold Hair Straightener
- KeraStraight Titanium Irons
- BaByliss PRO Keratin Lustre Straightener
- BaByliss Diamond Hair Straighteners
- ikoo E-Styler Jet
- Paul Mitchell Neuro Smooth Straighteners
- We Are Paradoxx Supernova 3-in-1 Cordless Hair Tool
- BaByliss Cordless Straightener
- KeraStraight Titanium Iron 1.5in
How to choose your hair straighteners
When it comes to looking for the perfect pair of hair straighteners, there are a few things to consider:
Width of the hair straightener - Hair straighteners are available in a variety of widths: slim plates (usually around 2.5 – 3cm are suitable for short hair) while wider plates (around 6cm) are better for those with longer hair or thick hair.
Hair straightener plates:
- Ceramic plates distribute heat more evenly but can be slower to warm up.
- Titanium plates heat up much more quickly than ceramic plates however, hair straighteners with this plate type tend to be more expensive.
- Ceramic coated plates are made from a metal base topped with a ceramic layer giving you the best of both worlds - a speedy heating time paired with more evenly distributed heat.
Variable temperature - Depending on your hair density, you’ll want to heat your hair straighteners to different temperatures to ensure the best results. Low heat is better suited to people with fine hair and a higher heat is better suited to people with coarse hair or thick hair.
Are they ionic? - Nobody wants frizz or flyaways and when there is too much positive charge on your hair, it can cause static. Ionic technology neutralises this unwanted charge and helps to keep your hair smooth, sleek and frizz free.
9 of the best hair straighteners
The best hair straighteners of have been tried and tested by our experts. If you’re ready to invest in a pair of long lasting hair straighteners that will give you shiny, glossy and gorgeous hair time and time again, then keep on reading...